[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Revised Proposed Final Report and Indicative Poll on Mechanisms - Deadline 3 December 2019

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Wed Nov 27 01:30:21 UTC 2019

Hi John - just a note that I have personally set up a captive foundation such as the one in Mechanism C.    (But I am a new member so no reason you would know that.)

Separately, I certainly don't consider the relative costs of the three mechanisms as a matter of "implementation weeds" and apparently neither does ICANN since they place so much emphasis on the additional costs associated with setting up a foundation in their comments shown on pages 9 and 10 of the Proposed Final Report.

I have just been trying to get up to speed with the available information in order to be able to fill out the survey on ranking the mechanisms.  Setting up a foundation is relatively easy and is a one-time cost.  Onboarding and training personnel may be a one-time cost (probably equal in A and C) but it is quite expensive and not easy to "Sunset".  Hence, my question about market rates for Mechanism B - not at all a matter of being in the "weeds".    However, I don't know if fees in the current marketplace for Mechanism B services would be comparable and it appears we don't have hard data on that.

Regardless of your opinion re qualifications to rank mechanisms, we all have a survey to complete before December 3.
Cheers,
Anne