[ccwg-internet-governance] [soac-discussion] CCWG Internet Governance

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Dec 11 13:48:49 UTC 2013

Hi folks

without wanting to overly formalize things or turn this into the sort of mind numbing debate about how many of who gets to sit where that we’ve experienced with 1net and beyond, it does seem to me we are going to need some baseline agreement here.  It’s not going to work well if NCSG and At Large limit themselves to three each while BC has a dozen, RySG has 4, etc etc.  Someone in our respective communities will object that the process is not multi-equal-stakeholders (hey, I found a use for the term :-) and needs to restart with parity.

Under the circumstances I’m inclined to propose up to four per tribe.  Even with this restriction, the group will be gigantic and may struggle.  What do others think?  Elisa, no way you could sell a initial limit with final selection tbd?

Either way, please let me know ASAP.  If we have no limits I am guessing a bunch of noncommercial folks will want to join the call tonight, so I would need to send out the dial in info pronto to avoid grumpiness.

Thanks

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer