[ccwg-internet-governance] AI: everyone to identify their understanding of the purpose of this CCWG

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Dec 11 21:01:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

Assuming I understood the assignment. My individual thoughts on the issue.

I think of this group as a clearing house for all issues related to ICANN and Internet governance. When ICANN staff wants to take action or has questions, they come to this group  to make sure that the community is involved. The group coordinates the activities among the ICANN participant community.

The group can also serve as a collection point for questions, concerns and recommendations from the ICANN SOAC and other ICANN entities on issues related to Internet governance to the Board, to 1net, IGF, WGEC, and meetings organized by various countries, such as the Brazil meeting, or by intergovernmental organizations such as PP- 14.

The group could go so far as to develop recommendations, advice and opinions that could be endorsed by the individual SOACs, collectively or individually.

At no point would it constrain action by any single SOAC or other entity, but it would attempt coordination whenever possible.

Unlike a regular WG, I do not know if this group have a finite set of actives. But in terms of 2014, a finite set could certainly be defined.

avri