[ccwg-internet-governance] ccwg Internet Governance Wiki Page

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sat Dec 14 09:48:40 UTC 2013

Hi Olivier

This is a bit complicated due to the way the silos are constructed.  But obviously we aren’t really going to have 4 reps from each SO, because GNSO aggregates such diverse interests relative to other groupings, and so e.g. the CSG will have 12 by virtue of each of its component constituencies being represented.  It’s not obvious how it would be fair for NCSG to be represented collectively by just 4 people.  So I’d argue the same principle should apply on both sides of the noncontracted house, representation from the constituency level, meaning 4 NCUC and 4 NPOC, which is still asymmetric but at least somewhat less so.

I agree we shouldn’t get too hung up on over-engineering this but we should be reasonably consistent at the local level; either it’s SGs with each having 4 or it’s constituencies with each having 4.

Bill