[ccwg-internet-governance] Who's going to Brazil?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Apr 3 22:52:35 UTC 2014

Hi Marilyn,

I have set up a preliminary page on the ICANN wiki for this purpose, based
on a similar template used for ALAC attendance at ICANN meetings:
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Netmundial+Travel+Information+Workspace

(It's called "At-Large" because it's in the workspace I have access to, it
could be anywhere in the hierarchy for all I care.)

Because it contains personal information these pages are typically not
publicly viewable. But I can get staff to provide access to anyone who
needs it.

As the Hyatt is both booked and out of my pay grade anyway, I (and a number
of others of whome I'm aware) are booked at the ibis and ibis-budget hotels
that are less than 1km from the venue.

Anyone wanting to add their name to the list is invited to send me their
details:

   - Date, time, Flight# and airport of arrival
   - Date, time, Flight# and airport of departure
   - Skype name
   - Phone number (indicate if roaming, so only used in emergency)
   - Hotel

At very least perhaps we can use this info to share taxi rides in. GRU
airport, which most of us will be using, is a $75 cab ride from the venue
area. I am investigating an airport bus service that may be better but only
runs every 90 minutes.

- Evan

On 3 April 2014 18:38, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Evan, we had this conversation but didn't 'actualize' it, by figuring out
> who could gather names/hotel/cells.
>
> I am confirmed, now, to attend, and I think that it is a very good idea to
> have an informal confirmation of who is attending from CCWG.
>
> I wonder if it is possible to ask Renate to 'take names/numbers', arrival
> dates/departure dates for CCWG, as we are an ICANN CCWG?
>
> Oliver/Rafik? Could that work?
>
> As this is personal mobiles, the list could be private, as not all will
> want to provide that information publicly.

> ------------------------------
> From: evan at telly.org
> Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 18:23:48 -0400
>
> To: ccwg-internet-governance at icann.org
> Subject: [ccwg-internet-governance] Who's going to Brazil?
>
> As we get closer to the conference, I wonder if it might be a good idea to
> know which of this group will actually be in attendance, and how best to
> coordinating our efforts there. Many who are being funded to go, know by
> now.
>
> For those who will actually be in São Paulo I wonder if there is value in
> setting up communications channels between us so we can be most effective
> at the conference. Until the conference takes place this list is still the
> best venue IMO... but once things start happening in real time, something
> more immediate such as a Skype chat or Google Hangout may be more
> appropriate.
>
> Those from At-Large who I'm aware are going include myself, Olivier,
> Carlton, Tijani Avri and Leon.
>
> --
> Evan Leibovitch
> Toronto Canada