[ccwg-internet-governance] Omnibus CCWG-IG or separate CCWG-IANA?

Shatan, Gregory S. GShatan at reedsmith.com
Sat Apr 5 15:55:19 UTC 2014

I think this is the most practical approach, with two comments:

First, we should make this decision quickly, and let the community (through SO/AC's and probably the Boardstaff as well, given our "GAG gift") know quickly, that the CCWG is _not_ taking on IANA. That way, cross-community coordination on IANA (in whatever form) can begin on a separate track.

Second, some of the more "maximalist" approaches to IANA bleed out to cover significant changes in ICANN and beyond, or treat IANA as a piece in the overall puzzle, so there could be some boundary issues.  But that shouldn't stop this decision from being made.

Greg
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device