[ccwg-internet-governance] New Board mandate

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Sat Apr 5 21:19:59 UTC 2014

Hi all,

On 5 April 2014 18:43, Patrik Fältström <paf at netnod.se> wrote:

> On 4 apr 2014, at 22:48, Drazek, Keith <kdrazek at verisign.com> wrote:
>
> > Is the CCWG-IG the right group to focus on IANA 2.0, or should it be
> another CCWG? It seems that there may be value in the existing CCWG-IG
> completing its Charter and retaining a broader focus on general IG matters,
> of which the NTIA announcement and future IANA are just a narrow. albeit
> important, subset. I guess I'm wondering if we'd be better served with 2
> separate CCWGs to appropriately handle these issues before us in 2014.
>
> I think CCWG should concentrate on general IG issues, and not specifically
> IANA related, and discuss how that fits with ICANN processes and structures
> -- and potentially feed back into ICANN (and not only outward towards
> external entities) what might have to be changed.

I agree with Patrick. Is there general agreement that this group would
focus on non-IANA IG stuff?

I think my current standing in this group is as an observer, to be clear,
but Keith Davidson has asked me to get more involved and perhaps in the end
replace him as one of the ccNSO reps.

I met with Olivier re this in SG briefly. Off to the side I should say I am
also going to be in São Paulo and keen to meet others who will be present.

Planning to spend part of today, Sunday, reading where the charter has got
to.

best,
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*To promote the Internet's benefits and uses, and protect its potential.*