[ccwg-internet-governance] FW: IANA in Transition: Update

Shatan, Gregory S. GShatan at reedsmith.com
Tue Apr 8 14:15:27 UTC 2014

From: soac-infoalert-bounces at icann.org<mailto:soac-infoalert-bounces at icann.org> [mailto:soac-infoalert-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of David Olive
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:33 AM
To: soac-infoalert at icann.org<mailto:soac-infoalert at icann.org>
Subject: [Soac-infoalert] IANA in Transition: Update

http://blog.icann.org/2014/04/iana-in-transition-update/

IANA in Transition: Update

by Theresa Swinehart on April 7, 2014

We received an overwhelming response to our call for feedback in the design of a community-driven process toward achieving transition of NTIA’s Stewardship of the IANA Functions. From the launch of the public comment process in Singapore two weeks ago through last Thursday, we received numerous ideas on principles and mechanisms and are now incorporating them into our consultation materials. We also are taking into account feedback received from our I* partners.

As a result, we need a little longer than the anticipated 7 April deadline for finalizing and posting the scoping, draft process proposal and timeline documents for further public dialogue. We will now be posting COB on 8 April (UTC). Thanks for your understanding and stay tuned!

--
David A. Olive
Vice President, Policy Development Support

Hakki Yeten Cad. Selenium Plaza No:10/C K:5
34349 Fulya, Besiktas, Istanbul, Turkey

Tel: +90.212.381.8727 - Fax: +90.212.381.8731 - Mobile: +1. 202.341.3611
[cid:B5B11AF5-E83B-4061-B00D-957744D781ED]