[ccwg-internet-governance] FW: [discuss] ICANN proposal for NTIA transition published

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 05:44:33 UTC 2014

In the first ATRT, each SG was allowed to have one rep, in the second, for an unexplained reason, each House in the GNSO was allowed one rep.  I spoke about this in the Accountability session on Monday, and quite strongly opposed this narrowing of input, and noted the implications of work load on the more limited number of participants.  The  response was quite disappointing, and dismissive of the concerns expressed.

In this proposed model, staff goes even farther to limit input and representativeness on the SG, by limiting the participants to 2 per SO/AC.

It is interesting to recall again, that the underlying genesis for the existing CCWG IG was a community reaction to the top down staff driven approach to ICANN's IG activities.

I join in the use of the term : disappointing.

Sent from my iPad