[ccwg-internet-governance] [discuss] ICANN proposal for NTIA transition published

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 07:09:12 UTC 2014

Hi

On Apr 9, 2014, at 4:45 PM, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade at hotmail.com> wrote:

> For the GNSO, we are not organized in that way.
> The GNSO Council is limited to gTLD policy. Governance of the GNSO is done through Excomms in each SG/Constituency.

This is the view of the CSG.  It is not the view or practice of the NCSG, which allows its elected Councilors a good deal of freedom, rarely directs their votes, etc.  I wouldn’t attempt to characterize Rgy and Rgr views on the matter.

> I would propose at least one per SG from GNSO, which is 4.

Here I agree, the diversity of interests aggregated into the GNSO’s 4 SGs is simply too great.  2 would mean disenfranchising whole communities, not a good way to proceed.

Bill