[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: NetMundial Draft Outcome document Online for comments at the platform

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 11:57:30 UTC 2014

It is great to see the NET mundial documents now available.

Most of us are just reading through what the final versions are.

I am sure that each of us may have our own comments, and I am not suggesting that CCWG try to develop comments, but do want to call attention of the CCWG members to a one key point that leapt out at me.

In the Roadmap, under V. Way Forward, it is of concern to me that there is a call for adherence to outcomes of the NET mundial.

I have concerns about such a proposal.

There is no agreed mechanism on how NET mundial participants would reach consensus on either principles or Roadmap, and I am not comfortable that because one attends a meeting, one is agreeing to any kind of outputs or outcomes.

I will reserve any other comments to CCWG on the just posted documents until I digest them further.  I look forward to hearing from CCWG colleagues as well, as you digest the two sets of documents.

They are quite succinct, and while I have some concerns with some parts, it is an amazing contribution of the organizing team, and the HLC, and EMC, to have a synthesis of the 180+ documents, and now such a succinct set of documents. NET mundial is one among several critically important discussions, including the IGF, CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation, CSTD itself in May, the WSIS +10 Action Line Review and WSIS +10 Overall Review, as well as other discussions that are related to the IANA consultation, the further responsible globalization of ICANN, and the overall continued evolution of the IG Ecosystem, which is, of course, much broader than just ICANN.

Marilyn Cade
Sent from my iPad