[ccwg-internet-governance] Who's going to Brazil?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Apr 15 17:46:35 UTC 2014

For those travelling to SP and concerned about safety:

A local friend has pointed me to this website. Some people, having been
disappointed with police response, have been crowd-sourcing crime stats.
http://www.ondefuiroubado.com.br/sao-paulo/SP?class=hint+hint--left&data-hint=Soon

   - Blue: theft
   - Red: Armed robbery
   - Orange: car break-in
   - Purple: kidnapping

The map indicates that the area around the Hyatt and ibis hotels is
relatively OK, the Bernini area slightly less so.

Daylight walking to the Hyatt should be OK, if possible walk in groups.
Taxis at night. Take extra care around ATMs.

Evan Leibovitch
Toronto Canada

Em: evan at telly dot org
Sk: evanleibovitch