[ccwg-internet-governance] Next ccwg IG call is scheduled for Wednesday April 30th at 15:00 UTC

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Wed Apr 30 09:37:44 UTC 2014

Dear all

Given the time of the call is 0300 here in NZ I will probably be an apology
- still suffering jet lag from NetMundial.

Also: there is a ccNSO Internet Governance review group call at 0600 NZ
time, which I will attend - and will reflect anything that's on this list
to that call.

I have the following thoughts/observations to offer for the agenda:

*On the charter... *

I think it is ready to go out to SOs and ACs for comments. If there is
substantive feedback seeking change that will be interesting..

I like the broad framework it sets out, and agree with the scope of this WG
not including matters related to the IANA transition. I don't think we need
to mention it but I am assuming that that includes the accountability
consultation that is about to begin, too.

Also happy with the WG being able to prepare and circulate papers that
don't have full agreement from all SOs and ACs.

Two things perhaps to discuss on the call:

* the workability of having so many co-chairs: I understand the logic but
something to think through is whether that will be so many people in
co-chair roles that nobody takes responsibility for truly driving the work
of the WG as a whole. Given all SOs and ACs are on the WG and can
participate broadly through observers, if the call decides a smaller team
of Chair and Co-Chairs is preferable, I don't see any issues there...

* the staffing resource section - is it appropriate or helpful to be
clearer about the sort of staff resource the WG requires to function well?
One example I think would be helpful would be support in collating and
drafting papers based on input from WG members, if others thought that
appropriate.

I think that the last objective suggested by Cintra is an OK one to add.

No text edits etc to suggest from my end.

*On the NetMundial..*

I think it was a pity this group did not meet prior to the event in person
on site. Given the primary purpose is to present an ICANN perspective in
such events and to draw the experience back into ICANN, a more organised
presence might have helped that happen.

One concrete suggestion: would it be appropriate for this CCWG-IG to
prepare a report back to the ICANN community on its experiences from
NetMundial? Such a report would give a flavour of the event, and might draw
explicit lessons for ICANN from the practice of the event, as well as from
the debate around the topics (esp the road map). It could be prepared from
the wide array of comments already made by WG members, and from other text
other WG members might care to contribute?

Just seems to me it would be a good example of what the WG could do to help
inform the ICANN community under objective A).

best regards,

Jordan

On 30 April 2014 01:52, Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Olivier and WG members,
>
> In anticipation for the next call please see some amendments made with
> tracked changes on the attached word document for your kind attention,
> review and comment.
>
> Regards
>
> Cintra Sooknanan
>

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>wrote:
>
>>  Hello all,
>>
>> I realise that some of you might not be able to make it to this call.
>> We need to get moving -- and it has already been several calls where
>> we've reviewed the Charter.
>>
>> In order to maximise the usefulness of this call, please be so kind to
>> read through the proposed Charter which is linked from the agenda page on:
>> https://community.icann.org/x/DoLhAg
>>
>> After this call, we aim to be sending this consolidated Charter to the
>> Chairs of SOs/ACs for their ratification/approval, so it's pretty important
>> that we get your input ASAP.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Olivier
>>

>> On 28/04/2014 10:05, Petya Minkova wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>>  The next ccwg IG call is scheduled for Wednesday April 30th at 15:00
>> UTC.
>> For more time zone information please go to:
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
>>
>>  *Adigo Participants#:* 21612
>> For Adigo numbers. Go to http://www.adigo.com/icann/
>>
>>  Adobe Meeting Room: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/ccwg/
>>
>>  Wiki:
>> https://community.icann.org/display/CPMMB/CCWG+IG+Weekly+Teleconference+-+2014.4.30
>>
>>  If you need to dial out, please let me know by Tuesday* 29 April 15:00
>> UTC. *
>>
>>  Thank you.
>> Best,
>>
>>  *Petya Minkova*
>>
>> Administrative Assistant
>>
>> ICANN
>>
>> Rond Point Schuman 6,
>>
>> 1st floor
>>
>> B-1040 Brussels
>>
>> Belgium
>>

>> Mobile: +32 4 79 47 28 63
>>
>> Skype: petya.minkova.icann
>>
>> Email: petya.minkova at icann.org

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*To promote the Internet's benefits and uses, and protect its potential.*