[ccwg-internet-governance] Next ccwg IG call is scheduled for Wednesday April 30th at 15:00 UTC

Filiz Yilmaz koalafil at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 11:18:26 UTC 2014

Thank you Keith for the draft charter.

I think overall it looks good, covering most aspects and it is well organised. Thanks to those who worked on it.

I seem to be missing few operational points though:

I am not clear on what the leadership of the WG is going to be like, I do not seem to be seeing any definitive and clear structure described for this in the draft  (maybe this is TBD later?) and I think it should be there.

My point is that like every group I think s/electing a Chair for the group will be helpful who can then take the lead on overseeing the day-to-day business and the ongoing processes and work of the group.

There is some mention of Co-Chairs in the draft, to be appointed by the SO/ACs for such responsibilities but I am suspecting this may end up having a too big of a group to move effectively when necessary. With this scheme we will end up with a Co-Chair group of 7-8 at the minimum which will be an overkill for a lead position who in fact needs to make decisions rather quickly at times, imo.

So I suggest we introduce a main Chair person role in the Charter, who can volunteer to take care of day-to-day business and overseeing the ongoing processes of the WG, or we introduce a Co-Chair group to take this role on but limit this Co-Chair group to a manageable number, say 2 persons, like Olivier and Rafik co-operated so far. Of course then these people will need to be s/elected somehow.

I plan to join the call today but just in case, these are my comments.

Kind regards
Filiz