[ccwg-internet-governance] [ianatransition] [IANAxfer] Jurisdiction (was Composition of the ICG)

Michel S. Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Mon Aug 4 12:56:17 UTC 2014

Tracy,

this word in the internet community comes from Doug Engelbart's
theory you will find documented on http://www.dougengelbart.org/.
Doug is the father of this community as he hired several of its
founders and created the NIC (Network Intelligence Cnter) and the RFC
system. You will see that many concepts being used in our debates are
more or less inherited from his vision, also the opposition to the
ideas of JFC. Both of them directed a Tymshare similar budget unit in
the mid-80s. Doug lead the "Augment Division" and JFC created "Tymnet
Extended Services Department". (global network and layer six fringe
intelligence).

The opposition boils down to the idea of Doug that human intelligence
augmented when being networked, while JFC idea's is that it satys the
same but its relational spaces and capabilities are extended. This
reflects in the ICANN/MYCANN complementarity.

Representations of the bootstrap pyramid can be associated to our
debate with a reference to Plato's Republic:
- top: platinum networked (BoD, IAB, etc.) souls
- medium layer: golden and silver souls forming the multistakeholder
collective IQ,
- bottom layer: regular bronze and iron souls.

Remarks:
- Some people (seldom) add "divinity" in a cloud above the pyramid.
Is it an omen?
- golden souls can be considered as leaders, and bronze souls as lead users.

M S G