[ccwg-internet-governance] [ianatransition] Jurisdiction > WIPO dumps CentralNic.

Graham Schreiber graham_schreiber at landcruise.com
Thu Aug 7 16:57:53 UTC 2014

Hi Vint, Alissa; and others:

The Jurisdiction & Venue landscape just became much smaller!

I'm delighted to notice that CentralNIc, those kindly folks who's  ...  "domains provide an alternative to the existing Top Level Domains (TLDs) and Country Code Top Level Domains (ccTLDs), allowing the creation of a simultaneously local and global Internet Identity."   have been dumped by WIPO.

No doubt CISCO Surplus.EU.COM  will be happy too!  If they get Contributorily Infringed again by CentralNic, they can go to the National Arbitration Forum  { NAF  http://domains.adrforum.com } in the United States!

NAF QUOTE:

We are pleased to announce that National Arbitration Forum has been selected by CentralNic Dispute Resolution Services to handle domain name disputes for the following domain name extensions:

".ae.org", ".africa.com", ".ar.com", ".br.com", ".cn.com", ".de.com", ".eu.com", ".gb.com", ".gb.net", ".gr.com", ".hu.com", ".hu.net",".jp.net", ".jpn.com", ".kr.com", ".mex.com", ".no.com", ".qc.com", ".ru.com", ".sa.com", ".se.com", ".se.net", ".uk.com", ".uk.net", ".us.com", ".us.org", ".uy.com", and ".za.com" (the “SLDs”).

Information on the process as managed by the National Arbitration Forum is available on our site.

The Forum will be able to accept claims under the CentralNic Policy or the Uniform Rapid Suspension System for the listed extensions beginning July 1, 2014.

If you have any questions in relation to filing a dispute with us, please contact domaindispute at adrforum.com.

With thing's like this transpiring, I think ICANN will be forced by the United States Supreme Court, in Washington DC to enforce the RAA; and the NTIA will similarly be obliged to enforce 15/1125 on CentralNic's False Designation ccTLDs.

CentralNic ... looks like you'll not have any  Domain Names  to do WIERDS Bootstraping with!

Cheers,
Graham Schreiber.