[ccwg-internet-governance] Follow-up to Call on Friday 17 Jan 2014

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Thu Feb 6 23:04:14 UTC 2014

Hi all

I too have been remiss in replying here and as far as my understanding
goes, I am shadowing Keith Davidson in learning these issues, having
started in my role at InternetNZ in August last year.

My other engagement is as part of the technical community nomcom process
that helped pick people for the 1net steering group and for various other
representative spots associated with the Brazil meeting.

I am hoping to watch and learn.

best,
Jordan

On 7 February 2014 06:26, Stephanie Perrin <
stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I am remiss in not responding to this sooner.
> I am still uncertain as to my status on this group (observer, I think).
> I am a recent member of NCUC, and a member of the NCSG policy committee.
> I am a member of the EWG looking at directory services revision.
> I am on the privacy and proxy services working group.
> I have been nominated as one of the three civil society representatives on
> the High Level Committee for planning for Brazil, but we do not seem to
> have done anything yet.
> Finally, I am a recent retiree from the Canadian federal government where
> I worked for many years on policy matters respecting privacy, risk,
> cryptography, international telecoms policy and IT impact assessment.
> I run my own consulting company and I am a PhD student at the University
> of Toronto Faculty of Information.
> Stephanie Perrin
> On 2014-01-18, at 7:58 AM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Friday's call was very productive as we had the visit of Fadi Chehadé.
> > Members of the working group had the opportunity to ask questions. I
> > invite members of the WG who have missed the call to listen to the
> > recording which is linked from the agenda page:
> >
> > https://community.icann.org/x/swquAg
> >
> > There was also one Action Item on the call:
> >
> > "Share via email our involvements in other groups, where are our
> footprints."
> > This effectively translates to us sharing with other members of the WG
> > what is our current involvement in other fora so as for us to be able to
> > establish some understanding as to whom to ask if we have specific
> > questions, or who can help in specific topics or discussions."
> >
> > For instance, I am also the Chair of ALAC and we have At-Large
> > Structures (ALSes) that are involved in the IGF world, regularly running
> > workshops at the global IGF. Some of our ALSes are involved in regional
> > IGFs, including in the steering group of those regional IGFs. We also
> > have ALSes that work with governments on ITU related matters; we have
> > ALSes involved in Civil Society. etc.
> > I am also the Chair of ISOC UK England & therefore closely follow the
> > happenings there, including a very limited number of IETF working
> > groups. ISOC UK England have been active in the UK IGF as well as the
> > British Government's Multistakeholder Advisory Group on Internet
> > Governance (MAGIG) - and this let me be part of the UK government
> > delegation at WCIT in Dubai December 2012.
> >
> > Aside from this, we also had a discussion about the Charter of the
> > Working Group during the last 10 minutes of the call. May you please all
> > comment on the Charter which is also linked for the Agenda page? Please
> > either comment on the WIKI page itself, or comment by email here.
> > We aim to be making progress on having a finalised Charter by our next
> call.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Olivier Crépin-Leblond

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*To promote the Internet's benefits and uses, and protect its potential.*