[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: Re: [Internetgovtech] Discussion of principles for governance

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Feb 11 15:22:17 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

one of the tasks given to all in our WG was to get definitions of words
such as "ICANN" etc. on the table for discussion, so as to be able to
present those to the Brazil meeting.
See:
https://community.icann.org/display/CPMMB/Cross-community+WG+Contribution+Draft

Please be so kind to have a look at the two very incomplete seed
documents which contain tables of tasks and of goals and objectives?
Please comment.

I am member of another WG that's IETF related and came across an
excellent contribution from John Curran - a contribution I have
reproduced with permission below. In my opinion, John's description of
IETF principles is pretty good. Can we produce ICANN principles, or
better still principles of operation of our various SOs/ACs/SGs?