[ccwg-internet-governance] Single Root

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Tue Feb 11 22:52:59 UTC 2014

Marilyn

The "warts and all" might have been a little facetious, but at one level I think it shouldn't be ignored.

If you look at where a lot of this is coming from ie. pressures on IG and ICANN etc., it's to do with the "warts" ie. the bad behaviour, bad actors etc.,
It might not fit into this particular section of what we're doing, but we shouldn't be oblivious or ignore that there is "bad stuff" on the internet
However I suspect that governments and LEA would find a fractured internet a hell of a lot harder to deal with than the current system. Look at the issues they have with the "dark net"

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon