[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: Report: EU to push to reduce US role in Internet governance | PCWorld

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 13:32:02 UTC 2014

Thanks for posting the original release, Rafik. This "one side against the
other" kind of narratives that news agencies create serves to attrack
traffic to their websites, but does not contribute to finding understanding.

Moreover, as far as I know europe has been positioning itself in favor of a
globalized model for the management of CIR for a long time. So are
countries like Brazil.

Regarding the sensacionalist point The news makes about Brazil, more
infrastructure, like cables and PPTs, mean we want to be more connected to
the global internet, and not dissociated from it ;)
Best!
Marília