[ccwg-internet-governance] list of volunteers draft of CCWG

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:27:46 UTC 2014

Hi Marylin

Thanks, Rafik.

> Right, I was proposing a change in title: as captured by Rafik.
> BUT it is not limited to the Brazil meeting. I made the point that Brazil
> is one stop on a longer journey. Important, but none of us would want to
> empower a single event as the total space for dialogue and discussion.
>  WSIS + 10; CSTD WG EC, and the consultation going on follow up to the WSIS
> at UNGA are also relevant activities. BUT, we wanted [I think/but welcome
> clarification from others] to have a discussion within ICANN's community
> about this topic.

the brazil meeting is the first step and we need to succeed there. the
deadline is good for motivation  . for this experience we can learn on how
deal with other events, we need to succeed now to be sure to succeed later
too.
we can also cover the plenipotentiary , IGF Turkey etc
I think that we have some timeline of event for this year here:
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43984275/Final%20Diagram_Global%20Key%20Internet%20Activities%20towards%20the%20Multistakeholder%20Meeting%20on%20the%20Future%20of%20Internet%20Governance%2024012014.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1390610405000&api=v2

So, if we start out with a baseline of what we think is the relevant
> INternet Ecosystem, and then, this community of leaders discusses what is
> ICANN's role, I think we will have made a significant contribtution to
> ICANN guidance from a bottom up, consensus approach of its own community,
> and also have a potential document which can be also contribution into
> other fora, such as Brazil meeting, but also beyond.
>
> yes and that is the challenge :)

> Taht means moving ahead quickly to discuss within this CCWG, and then have
> community input, including at our public meeting during ICANN Singapore.

that consultation is important to get community feedback and also to
improve it. as you said, it may be used beyond Brazil meeting. the
contribution for 1st March will be the first iteration.

> Finally, I want to note that in another space where I am working on these
> topics, there is interest in asking for a short extension for submission of
> documents into the Brazil meeting.
> Might we add that question to our own consideration? I think it could be
> useful to ask for a short extension, while recognizing the burden that will
> place on the Brazil subcommittees to absorb, circulate, and summarize
> /synthesize all submissions.

unfortunately, asking EMC members it seems that there is no plan to extend
because the EMC want to have the synthesis paper of all contributions in
7th March
I think that Marilia is in EMC and can confirm that

> And, yes, I volunteered to participate in that particular topical
> discussion, as Rafik noted, but might not have been clear in staff notes.
> :-)
>
> It was corrected
https://community.icann.org/display/CPMMB/Cross-community+WG+Contribution+Draft

Best,