[ccwg-internet-governance] Multi-stakeholder model & multi-lateral model definitions

Fares, David DFares at 21cf.com
Fri Feb 28 11:45:16 UTC 2014

Thanks, Naresh.  I think that it might be helpful to expand the scope beyond just governments so I am merging some text from the previous draft with your text below and then adding a few points that we discussed on the call this morning.  I welcome comments:

"The Multi-Lateral Model (MLM) is a decision-making process wherein nation states or a closed stakeholder group negotiate policy among themselves.  From an inter-governmental perspective, MLM is forum where member governments, on equal footing, may carry out their roles and responsibilities in international public policy issues and other relevant Internet matters.  Some inter-governmental MLMs are closed to participation by other stakeholders while others are open to participation by non-governmental stakeholders as observers through a consultative status or by other means. In either model, governments may include non-governmental stakeholders in their delegation.  Decision-making is nonetheless the sole domain of government delegations."