[ccwg-internet-governance] 2014.01.06 CALL AGENDA Re: next ccwg IG call is scheduled for Monday January 6th at 21:00 UTC

Bart Boswinkel bart.boswinkel at icann.org
Mon Jan 6 17:50:35 UTC 2014

Dear all,
Please find included a set of high level questions and first straw man for
A charter.

The delineation of the purpose/ objective will be
inserted a later stage, including its limitations (scope), once the
group has reached consensus on it.

I assumed the deliverables of the ccWG will be:
- (Tentative) Workplan
- Progress reports ( to inform community)
- Position Papers or Statements

If this is correct, the real issue is with status of Position Papers and Statements, see issue 2. In my view there are two tastes:
1. The ccWG may develop and submit a Position Paper or Statement on its
one behalf , and will seek support or endorsement,
Or
2. Endorsement or Support from the participating SO's and AC"s is required
before making a position Paper or Statement publicly available.

Whatever flavor is preferred, this will have a major impact on the charter and support needed from the SO's and AC"s

I have assumed that the CHARTER will need to be supported by the
participating SO's and AC's (Issue 1).

I have also assumed ( and this is again one of the questions) thatthe duration of the ccWG is
(initially) limited. It is proposed that the charter and deliverables are reviewed by all participating SO's and AC's. The WG will continue if at least two or more of the participating SO's and AC's are in favor of extension.

Most sections in the straw man document are taken from ccWG charters that have functioned
reasonably well ( JIG, DSSA, FOI WG).

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend todays call but will listen to the recoding to update the document.
Kind regards,
Bart