[ccwg-internet-governance] Conference Call AGENDA: Friday January 17th at 07:00 UTC

Rudi Vansnick rudi.vansnick at isoc.be
Fri Jan 17 08:47:18 UTC 2014

Dear Olivier,
Dear all,

I’m very sorry I could not make for this call, due to unforeseen travel.

> Follow-up on the question: what are we going to do about ICANN? What is ICANN's role in the forthcoming Brazil meeting? Staff has responded that it is for the community to decide.

Well, in answer to this question I have to say the community does not have the space nor the ability to decide, decisions are taken without clear and open consultation across the whole community by others. I’m still not convinced the Brazil meeting will provide a clear output, as we see discussions popping up with regards who is allowed to go, who is representing who, what authority does the Brazil meeting has ? Many questions without appropriate answers …

Rudi Vansnick
NPOC chair Policy Committee
NPOC treasurer
rudi.vansnick at npoc.org