[ccwg-internet-governance] Doodle poll to define call rotation: Double/Tripe

Keith Davidson keith at internetnz.net.nz
Sun Jan 19 21:53:44 UTC 2014

Hi Avri, all,

Fully agree with your comment re Doodle polling should not be subject to
majoritarian thinking.

Anyway, it does look like this WG is going to be operational for some
time into the future. So to get around the problem of this constant need
for Doodle polling, I suggest we have an agenda item for when we meet
F2F at ICANN meetings, we agree a schedule for the 3 x timeslots for the
period between that ICANN and the next ICANN meeting. Remember that soon
after ICANN Singapore the southern hemisphere will stop using summertime
/ daylight savings time and the northern hemisphere will move into its
time adjustment - and this can affect the local timing quite
significantly as UTC stays constant. So a 5 minute discussion and
decision at ICANN meetings when we can all consult our calendars would
seem appropriate...

Cheers

Keith