[ccwg-internet-governance] Group Charter - Definition

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Fri Jan 31 09:22:01 UTC 2014

I would really like to see the word “corporation” in the context of the definition since it is inherent to ICANNs name. Otherwise the confusion about the name and its definition will be everlasting.
This would mean vice versa that a different name and acronym has to be found in case we let “corporation” fall by the wayside. This may generate a nice global discussion.
I understand ICANN – as its name is saying – being a “corporation” supporting the global community in general and its stakeholders in particular. It is the stakeholders’ operational (or executive?) arm based on board decisions.

But lawyers and ICANN founders may have a wider scope...

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich