[ccwg-internet-governance] GCCS Statement

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Sat Apr 18 09:50:59 UTC 2015

Good morning

I think I have to take blame for this. I was only one in ICANN really tracking it.

We were consulted about 10 days ago through the Netherlands consulting civil society. ISOC were on this list and thus consulted technical community. The Chairman Statement was I assume originally crafted by the government in consultation with UK/US/Korea.

We commented just on two paragraphs, those touching on IANA and WSIS. I should have circulated draft to CCWG at this point.

At Conference itself Fadi spoke in opening and on Panel. Will do Report. We had bilaterals with Ministers from India, Australia, China, Brazil, Indonesia, UAE and Egypt. Also COE and OSCE.

The "statement" we signed on to was only circulated by ISOC on Thursday for agreement Friday.

Sent from my iPhone