[ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS FORUM AT ITU; ICANN

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Fri Apr 24 07:36:58 UTC 2015

Colleagues

Good morning; on the CCWG-IG call yesterday we discussed the opportunity for
the WG to be involved in a Workshop Session at the WSIS Forum hosted by ITU
later May (see https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2015/)

A placeholder for a Session was made and ITU have issued a slot for
Thursday; 28th April at 16.45 until 18.15 (see
https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2015/Agenda/Session/269) on ³ICANN
Contribution to implementation of WSIS Action Lines².

We have a ability to amend / add to the description of this Workshop and on
Call yesterday a suggestion was made to discuss Globalisation of ICANN,
including the IANA Stewardship Transition.

On behalf of co-chairs would welcome views on scope and format of Workshop
of Session.  We have a deadline of close (23.00 UTC) on Monday 27th April to
submit to ITU (see form at
http://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2015/Agenda/Organizers/Add)