[ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS FORUM AT ITU; ICANN

Mary Uduma mnuduma at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 04:13:41 UTC 2015

Hello All.I do support the proposed workshop theme as it is very topical, however, I do see great sense in Oliver's latest proposition. The IANA transition part of the theme or topic should be maintain as it will draw attention to the goings on in the transition and afford the Working Group the opportunity to listen to the typically non-ICANN community interested parties to the IANA Function, bearing in mind the great IG debates from the days of WSIS 2003.
I believe it would be worth the while and productive session to have panel discuss and debrief the workshop attendees on the IANA Functions stewardship Transition.program of the ICANN.
Although the comment period for the CWG for Naming proposal would have ended, interests can still be generated  among the attendees as the Group invites them  follow  the process  of the CCWG - Accountability as well as the ICG work. Great outreach opportunity for the  ICANN Team

Regarding attendance, WSIS+10 program  falls at the same time as Africa Internet Summit (AIS) in Tunisia, AFTLD would be running an Advance Registry Operation Course which I am fully involved.   I will  follow  the workshop remotely.and can intervene in the discussions if asked to do so.

BR.

Mary Uduma