[ccwg-internet-governance] Preparation of the Internet Governance Public Session at ICANN 52 Singapore

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Jan 5 18:17:05 UTC 2015

Hello all,

adding Bill's comments during the last conference call (from the
transcript) when we discussed this:

Bill Drake: But what I would like to see, is whether we could instruct
to mobilize people around providing some kind of joint statement inputs
into that process, because I don’t know if you’ve -- I mean, I talked
about this at the last session the last time we did this thing, the
stilted one, but there is supposed to be a mechanism for the WSIS+10
Geneva -- I'm sorry -- New York meeting for stakeholders to provide
input. And if the ICANN community were to provide some sort of input
into that process in the way it did for NETMundial, I would think that
will be really, really useful, personally. And so, if I were to talk
about this topic, I would want to spin it more towards, you know, how
will we, maybe, put together a process to begin sort of articulate the
view, and what kinds of points would we want to put out there on the
table for governments, or just consideration in the General Assembly.
And the last point I would make is, if we can somehow get a room that’s
not structured the same way. I've said this before and I'm going to say
it again, the structure that room totally worked against us I think, so
anything that we can do to try to get a more large U-type environment of
something going on would really, really be good.

So we have the proposal below with a suggestion from Bill to make the
2nd part more interactive & collecting actual input from people present
in the room.
Also - a suggestion that we ask for a U-shape set-up. This did not
translate to an Action Item on the call itself, but we absolutely need
to follow-up on this. Since this is not the WG's session but the Public
Session, could we ask Nigel to follow-up & find out of a U-shape would
be possible?