[ccwg-internet-governance] Your input is required: Re: Draft agenda - CCWG IG call of Jan 6th at 15:15 UTC

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 02:31:53 UTC 2015

Olivier, Colleagues,apologies to have to drop off early. However, I want to be sure that item 2 /which I was proposing as an update about the IGF  and what is being addressed by the MAG was not limited to strengthening the IGF, although should be part of the discussion. that would be a short update -- 10 min.
Item 1 should also be an update, and I suggest, strongly, that it be provided the principles. I noted in the chat that it is strange to see ICANN suggesting that as an international organization, that "they" are appointing an "ambassador", a term that is a governmental term. However, for an update, I would expect factual updates from ICANN, including what the status of their projects at Harvard, Berkman Center -- we had a less than responsive report on that at the last ICANN meeting, regretfully.  While ICANN is doing a lot of initiating of events, and projects, the community deserves a factual update. I recall that back in London and LA, we were told that there would be outputs from these projects, and I am sure that we all would look forward to such reports. They too can be brief, but supported by written materials - Written updates and no more than 15 minutes.
Items 3 and 4 do deserve a fulsome discussion with the community. Particularly 4, which is the reason that this CCWG was initially created...  either focus on only 4, and use examples of the various IG meetings and activities and discuss scenarios for what and how ICANN can engage with community first, or how ICANN may improve its engagement... While I would welcome a discussion re 3, it may not be as ripe as item 4.
Marilyn