[ccwg-internet-governance] Internet Governance Public Session in Singapore

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Jan 15 19:53:27 UTC 2015

Hello all,

on our call today we discussed the details of the Internet Governance
Public Session in Singapore. With no idea of the current time allocation
(75 or 90 minutes) we ended up proposing a percentage of the total time
to be devoted to two topics:

TOPIC 1: 40% of total time on NMI and other IG updates
TOPIC 2: 60% of total time Relation between staff and the community
regarding IG ecosystem topics

TOPIC 1

Panel discussion with the Audience on NMI & other IG updates
Proposed people on the panel:
Wolfgang Kleinwaechter (Special Ambassador to the Initiative)
Janis Karklins
Kathy Brown (ISOC)
Ambassador Benedicto Fonseca (Brazil)

We aim to keep the panel very small. No presentation slides. Max
speaking time 2 minutes ~which makes is 10 minutes of panellists
speaking. An update of what happened at the WEF would be welcome and the
audience would be encouraged to ask questions on the topics of NMI and
other IG topics.

TOPIC 2

Relation between staff and the community regarding IG ecosystem topics.
We need to think of invitations for people to be on the panel.
Suggestions:
ICANN: Nigel Hickson, Anne Rache Inne, Sally Costerton? Tarek Kamel?
Community: Marilyn Cade, others?

*Please suggest other community members.*

Depending on the type of room we'll have, we'll need to see if we have
people on a head table or sitting on the round table or in the audience.
We have asked for a U-shape but this is yet to be confirmed by the
meetings Team.

Looking forward to your feedback!