[ccwg-internet-governance] Report on multistakeholder governance groups released

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:29:46 UTC 2015

Marilia,
Thanks so much for posting this.

I have been looking for it, after hearing it would be available at end of January. I appreciate your posting!

Nigel, Sally -- for the other projects ICANN either catalyzed, or supported both financially, or by name, related to IG, if you can post an update to the CCWG-IG, that would be much appreciated.  I think that includes the upcoming DAVOS activities, and others.

You will recall that during the Public Forum at ICANN51, I asked the CEO for an update, and I believe we have a commitment for sharing information on the various initiatives where ICANN staff, or designees, or Board, or consultants are engaging in IG activities.

That will help us as CCWG-IG, to bring in the community's perspectives.

Internet Governance, and post WSIS activities are going to be on a critical path in 2015. It will be good to have ICANN engaging, with guidance from its broader communities, alongside the rest of the stakeholders in IG. Important, as well, not to let CIR and ICANN overtake the broader issues of WSIS Review and Post WSIS, as the challenges and issues are much broader.

I look forward to our CCWG IG discussions.

And, thanks again, Marilia, for this posting!

Marilyn Cade

Sent from my iPad