[ccwg-internet-governance] recording of today's CCWG on IG call

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Jan 29 23:46:01 UTC 2015

Hello all,

apologies for not having been able to be on the call today.

I have listened to the recording and Re: part 2 of the CCWG's public
session, some of the CCWG's participants had made it known in the past
that they were not happy with having more updates re: WSIS+10 and other
IG events since this looked more like a one way lecturing process, but
not a 2-way interaction. I personally think it would be worth having the
updates and having Q&A on them.

It is unfortunate that the proponents of the 2nd topic in the public
meeting were not on the call to make their case. I can understand the
concerns about looking backwards rather than forwards and the
format/content of the presentation of the 2nd topic re: Staff/Volunteer
interaction on IG, would be really important to avoid that, but I do
note the general pushback against this second topic.

So am I correct to conclude that the ball rests in the court of the
proponents of the 2nd topic to make a case for it?