[ccwg-internet-governance] Agenda for the Public Session on IG?

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:24:17 UTC 2015

Hi Marilyn

> On Jun 16, 2015, at 8:41 AM, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bill,
> Thanks for this.
>
>  I am prepared to brief on the WSIS+10 process, but as it that is not on your list of topics, does this mean that you have cut this out?  THAT will take 5 minutes. I thought we agreed on a different approach.

I don’t understand.  The first part is on the WSIS+10 process, you are one of the ‘speakers,’ and I’d invite you Marilia and others who were in NY to update and then we open to the floor.  Do you have something else in mind?

> I thought that we had agreed to short update, and then moving into discussion about messages, as Peter's email indicated.

The conversations I’ve been party to involved the two parts I mentioned, a WSIS+10 segment and an “other initiatives” segment. We have 75 minutes.  Are you suggesting something different?  You want a short discussion of WSIS and then a longer one about a community input (which you’d previously been skeptical about us doing)?  And drop the “misc. other” segment?

> Nigel's paper should be posted ahead of time, for Q and A, or proposed changes, Not consuming all of our time.
> I also think that we should switch the order, and start with the paper.

I thought we were taking the paper as background reading and having an interactive.  Of course we’d refer people to it at the outset.

> PAPER? I have no paper to comment on but look forward to having the draft. I hope that you are asking for comments but if you are proposing to use CCWG IG for comments, we need the document now. :-) and if I missed it, which could be, can you resend?

I’m not proposing anything, I repeated PDT suggestion from a month ago.

Good we’re communicating now, it seems there are a various understandings of previous discussions.  This really shouldn’t be so complicated, it wasn’t last time, so hopefully convergence emerges…

Best

Bill