[ccwg-internet-governance] IG PUBLIC SESSION

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Mon Jun 22 10:36:57 UTC 2015

Good morning

The agenda, names of Chairs and respondents and linked Background Paper are
now on site; see everyone at 18.15!

https://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/mon-ig

From:  Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister at chambers.gen.nz>
Date:  Saturday 20 June 2015 22:24
To:  Marilyn Cade <marilynscade at hotmail.com>
Cc:  Nigel Hickson <nigel.hickson at icann.org>, Young-eum Lee
<yesunhoo at gmail.com>, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com>, ccwg
<ccwg-internet-governance at icann.org>
Subject:  Re: [ccwg-internet-governance] Edits to the Initial Draft prepared
by Staff to support the CCWG-IG

Nigel
An excellent paper - thank you very much.
One is always surprised - when its all laid out like this, just how much is
going on. Collating and briefly synthesising all of these activities is a
great piece of very useful work.

I also appreciate Marilyn¹s edits - more good detail and
supporting/explanatory material.Thanks!

What may not be quite clear after reviewing this is what the areas of debate
and dispute actually are, and why this topic is important to the ICANN
community. That of course will be the job of the session here in BA - to
give the relevance to ICANN and lead on to what if anything ICANN
participants can or should be doing about it.

I am now in BA, and will be working tomorrow on the session. If schedules
permit, perhaps those of us involved in the session could get together
briefly during the day.
I have a slot from 4 to 5 pm tomorrow ( Sunday) and would be happy to catch
up with any of the WG members then.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone here soon!

regards

Peter