[ccwg-internet-governance] IGF 2015; CCWG SESSION ON IANA TRANSITION PROCESS

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Nov 8 05:46:06 UTC 2015

Dear Farzaneh,

thanks very much for this reminder.

This was discussed in a recent call of the CCWG IG and I hope that we
can refer participants to both workshops. The CCWG IG workshop will
focus primarily on the multistakeholder process itself. The IGP et al.
workshop will focus on the actual contents of the transition. When I
read about it I was delighted to see that the workshops were absolutely
complementary. I would suggest to Bill that if there are questions
pertaining to the contents of the IANA Stewardhip Transition & ICANN
Accountability proposals, the response would be to encourage for those
questions to be addressed at the IGP et al. workshop. Likewise, if you
are promoting the IGP et al. workshop, it would be helpful to refer
attendees to the CCWG IG workshop as a good backgrounder to how
multistakeholder participation was achieved.