[ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS+10 REVIEW - ZERO DRAFT

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Mon Oct 12 17:40:57 UTC 2015

Marilyn & Olivier,

I sent the following to Nigel over the weekend. Also, I did a personal
submission (as an academic!).

--------------\
The URL for comments as found in the .pdf document seems to be
incomplete. It is: http://unpan3.un.org/wsislO/

This works:
http://unpan3.un.org/wsis10/Preparatory-Process-Roadmap/Written-Comments-on-Non-paper

Sam L. /
//
//On 12/10/2015 11:26 AM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote://
/
> // /Dear Marilyn,//
> ////
> //I agree that the deadline is so short, it would be quite impossible
> to reach any kind of agreement towards a common response.//
> //When it comes to individual responses, it would probably be helpful
> to copy the mailing list on any individual response, if possible, thus
> sharing information.//
> //Kindest regards,//
> ////
> //Olivier/
>
> On 11/10/2015 00:38, Marilyn Cade wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I was just at an event in Washington with the two Co Facilitators.
>> While there is interest in being flexible for comments, it is clear
>> that making the deadline of the 15th will facilitate those reviewing
>> taking comments into account, and the later your comments are, the
>> more challenging it is.
>>
>> MY advice, for what is worth for all that are submitting
>> individually, NOT as part of this CCWG-IG...
>>
>>  -- meet the 15th deadline.

>> From: nigel.hickson at icann.org
>> To: ccwg-internet-governance at icann.org
>> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 21:42:02 +0000
>> Subject: [ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS+10 REVIEW - ZERO DRAFT
>>
>> Colleagues
>>
>> Good evening; below is the link to the Zero Draft of the UN
>> Resolution to be agreed at the UNGA meeting in December.  There is no
>> specific deadline for comments but inputs are invited in time for the
>> open public consultation on October 19th.
>>
>> http://www.un.org/pga/70/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2015/08/2015_October_09_World-Summit-on-Information-Society.pdf
>>
>> Would welcome any comments; especially on the sections on Internet
>> Governance and Enhanced Cooperation (paragraphs 32-39).
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Nigel

> Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
> http://www.gih.com/ocl.html

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: Lanfran at Yorku.ca   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852