[ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS+10 AND IG PUBLIC SESSION IN DUBLIN

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 08:46:28 UTC 2015

Hi again

I meant to add— in the F2F WG session, can we please devote some time to how we want to manage the IGF workshop http://intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/163 <http://intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/163>.   We’ll have 16 panelists to weave into the conversation while making the transition process intelligible to non-ICANNauts. This will be a challenge, and we don’t want it to descend into a free for all or insider-ish conversation. We will need to work out a systematic structure for the narrative that everyone’s on board with, so it’d be good to start on that in Dublin and then have follow-up online dialogue to nail things down.

Thanks

Bill

> On Sep 1, 2015, at 10:27 AM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Bill,
>
> I agree with all of the points that you have made. The question is room availability.
> Nigel -- could you please let us know of the options for Monday & Thursday?
> Thanks,
>
> Olivier
>
> On 01/09/2015 09:59, William Drake wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I thought what we did in Singapore worked much better than what we did in BA — WG meeting Monday, public session Thursday morning, which allows for some useful preparatory discussion rather than walking in ‘cold'; and horseshoe rather than lecture panel of talking heads.  It might also be useful to set a reasonably low limit on the number of conversation starters, like 6, and not add to that at the last minute without discussion.
>>
>> What topics do we want to cover beyond WSIS+10?  The misc. grab bag portion can be a little hard to manage, so a structure useful…
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Bill
>>

>>> On Sep 1, 2015, at 9:32 AM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com <mailto:ocl at gih.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Monday sounds indeed best. We had more topic clashes later in the week for our F2F meeting. Horseshoe format worked pretty well so let's have it again, yes.
>>> Kindest regards,
>>>
>>> Olivier

> Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
> http://www.gih.com/ocl.html <http://www.gih.com/ocl.html>