[ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS+10 AND IG PUBLIC SESSION IN DUBLIN

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Fri Sep 4 10:14:01 UTC 2015

Good morning

We have to submit on room request for Dublin today; we can ask (given dialogue below) for a room for IG public session on the Thursday @09.30 for 90 minutes.

I have also drafted below as place-holder (has to be included in application) though we can amend later.

Session overview

This tradition public session on Internet Governance issues, organised with the CCWG on IG, will discuss the latest developments on the WSIS+10 Review; preview the IGF 2015 in Brazil and consider other pertinent IG issues; such as calls for the UN to be the platform to regulate all IG issues; including role of ICANN.

Session Agenda

  1.  Update and discussion on WSIS+10 Review process; including debate on “Zero Draft” Output Paper (to be agreed at UNGA in December) and renewal of IGF mandate;
  2.  Preparations for IGF in Brazil (November); discussion of ICANN objectives
  3.  Other pertinent IG issues