[ccwg-internet-governance] UN non-paper follow-up

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Sep 9 18:26:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just because it is a UN process does not mean it should not be pushed to
change.

The UN process in Geneva, e.g., is slightly more evolved that the
process in NY in terms of multstakeholder inclusion.  That is the case
because lots or organizations and other stakeholders pushed and pushed
and pushed over the years.

Now we have a chance to push on NY for more stakeholder inclusion and
should not back off doing that because it is NY.   And they need to
adapt. This is especially the case if they expect to have any legitimacy
when deciding on Internet related issues.

Even though I am only a participant in this group, apologies for missing
the meeting, did not have it written in my schedule and it does not show
up in the ALL calendar that ICANN exports.

avri