[ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS+10 RESPONSES TO NON-PAPER

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:54:17 UTC 2015

thanks for the updateI am not sure I would have concurred with a non submission, at a time when there is a great need for 'just factual information'.
Perhaps the CCWG -IG can discuss with staff who will attend the Oct 19 Stakeholder consultation and what the basis for the statements will be.
After suggesting that spending time on analysis of the first round of comments, I would now suggest that analyzing the present round -taking into account that there are several governments that either did not submit or are delayed in their submissions -- which presents a transparency challenge to understand the key issues that are being advanced in the negotiations.
While I really respect and applaud having individual conversations with the co facilitators and the PGA office, I think in a multi stakeholder model that we are aspiring to, it would have been prudent for ICANN to have submitted an informative submission.
Marilyn Cade