[ccwg-internet-governance] Extended Public Comment on Principles for CCWGs

Judith Hellerstein judith at jhellerstein.com
Mon Apr 4 16:20:12 UTC 2016

HI All,

Thanks for everyone's work on the draft framework. It reads very well. My
question is that it calls for groups to publish outputs and for these outputs to
go to the ICANN Board.  I was not sure our group is set up to give these type of
outputs that other CCWG's give. I can see us giving outputs and supplying
statements to different policy bodies but I had not envisioned that our outputs
would need to go to the ICANN board for approval.  Is this what this document is
saying?

I think we are a different type of CCWG than those on ICANN Transition or ICANN
Accountability. We are more of a group with shared concerns across
constituencies who want to work together to provide policy advice and education
on issues of Internet Governance. Perhaps we can discuss this framework and how
it affects us on our next policy call?

Best,
Judith

Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
Hellerstein & Associates
3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
Phone: (202) 362-5139  Skype ID: judithhellerstein
E-mail: Judith at jhellerstein.com   Website: www.jhellerstein.com
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/
Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide