[ccwg-internet-governance] Next Week's CCWG-IG call (times and topics)

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 00:40:59 UTC 2016

I am not available on Thursday due to travel.
I am probably the most involved  CCWG-IG member actually participating directly in the CSTD but perhaps I can propose another way to get the updated information to share with the CCWG-IG. Certainly it is possible that the WG will be announced by Thur or Friday, or shortly after, but I think that CSTD itself deserves a little highlight as well. I would be careful not to make this only about the CSTD WG on EC, but to position why CSTD is important and the role it plays, due to the STI resolutions.
Olivier and Nigel are both in the MAG Consultations here... so obviously lots of current understanding among many of us... .  there are also transcripts available, so that should be simple to brief on.
the ECOSOC MS Forum on STI can probably be easily briefed as well perhaps by Veni.
OECD is perhaps ICANN staff as this is about what ICANN Board/or staff are doing at the Ministeral, right? As I recall the draft is supposed to be confidential still as it is in draft form, but it is possible also to consider inviting OECD staff to brief, IF we think that is of vital interest to the CCWG-IG.
Lots of folks from business sector [not contracted parties from ICANN] but broad business are pretty engaged, and I might also find someone who could dial in for 15 min of the call, although it is short notice.
I think the WSIS Forum deserves a little overview, as well, to put it into larger eco-system context... but Olivier, Bill, Nigel, and others are probably as close to the Forum as I am.