[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG-IG call is scheduled for Thursday 7 April @ 14:00 UTC

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:31:08 UTC 2016

Matthew, I am happy to have this discussion but frankly, I am not able to participate Thursday, and also frankly that discussion provably needs to be face to face and have sufficient time. We don't have sufficient attendance on the calls and we also often miss many many of the members of the CCWG-IG.  Members, not just participants. It is critical to have the members who have accountability to their sending organization [as well as those participants who also come and contribute].
So, to have this call, I think we need to start with a Doodle asking for times when the Members are available. And we need to decide if we have enough critical mass of attendees in Helsinki to hold the face to face. I know ICANN staff hates to hear this but perhaps we could actually do the session on the afternoon before as I understand there are no working sessions of the policy groups.
If that does not work, then let's find 90 minute slot, and have a Doodle that first captures the availability of the members and the participants.
I am not proposing a two class system but in the event there are differences, according to the Charter the members have to take responsibility for decisions. And ideally, all of the co chairs would be available.
I know that ICANN staff are of course vitally interested and are needed as attendees in the working session.
But,