[ccwg-internet-governance] IF 2016

THOMAS-RAYNAUD Elizabeth elizabeth.thomas-raynaud at iccwbo.org
Thu Apr 7 17:33:08 UTC 2016

Further to our call here are some elements of information on the items we discussed:
IGF MAG:
Mexico site for the IGF 2016: www.igf2016.mx<http://www.igf2016.mx>
Schedule for MAG work between now and next MAG meeting (13-15 July, venue tbd): http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/documents/igf-meeting/igf-2016/magmeetings/716-workshop-selection-for-igf-2016-revised-proposed-schedule/file

CSTD Plenary speaker:
CSTD agenda for 19th session was shared by Nigel on the call. Further to my comments:
Heide Hackmann, International Council for Science (ICSU), co-Chair of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group for the upcoming STI Forum in NY, 6-7 June
For more on that group: http://sd.iisd.org/news/un-announces-composition-terms-of-10-member-group-to-support-tfm/
Long term vision
It was suggested that, while other technology fora in the UN existed, the STI Forum needed to have
its own focus, and the natural focus is how science-, technology and innovation will help in achieving
the SDGs. Given the recurring nature of the STI Forum, participants called for envisioning the STI
Forums as a series of events, and devising ways to ensure continuity and build-up from one Forum to
another. The first Forum needs to set the tone for its successors, so that over time the Forum
becomes a "must attend" event for the STI community.

Elizabeth THOMAS-RAYNAUD
International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
Project Director, ICC Business Action to Support the Information Society (BASIS)
Senior Policy Executive, Digital Economy