[ccwg-internet-governance] Proposed CCWG Co-Chairs Statement on Draft Framework of Principles for Cross Community Working Groups

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:05:49 UTC 2016

Hi Olivier

My comment is general so I put it here. I am in agreement with the
statement suggestion :  "We therefore suggest that for the time being the
flexibility of CCWGs in drafting their Terms of Reference in individual
Charters should be maintained and that the variety of Chartering practices
be monitored for a period of two years, when a better knowledge of the
needs of CCWGs will have been acquired. At that time, we expect that
Standard and Usual Operating Practices as well as areas of exceptions will
stand out intrinsically."

I think it is too soon to come up with detailed framework of principles for
the CCWGs. when  I read the framework of principles I felt that it can
potentially limit the work and scope and not allow for CCWGs to work
effectively. I believe we just need a nice and neat   document on  how to
start and end a ccwg ( if it is not there already) and not have framework
of principles.

On 12 April 2016 at 18:40, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> time is passing by. I am following up on an action item of the CCWG IG
> call of 30 March 2016:
> Greg, Marilyn, and Olivier to draft statement on behalf of the working
> group co-chairs
>
> The "statement" in question is a Statement on the Draft Framework of
> Principles for Cross Community Working Groups.
>
> I have created a workspace that contains links to all of the required
> information, from the actual consultation, to the questions asked,
> deadlines (16 April 2016) and the first draft of the Statement.
> https://community.icann.org/x/xDuAAw
>
> Please be so kind to comment  preferably on the WIKI itself, as soon as
> possible. It is our intent to discuss this Statement on this week's call
> on Friday. Please also note that the proposal is for the Statement to be
> sent by the Co-Chairs of the CCWG IG in their individual capacity, but
> not as a Statement of the CCWG IG, as this would require ratification by
> chartering organisations and we clearly do not have enough time for that.
>
> As the other two Co-Chairs of this working group have not been part of
> the drafting team, they would also have to indicate their interest in
> being a co-signatory.

Farzaneh