[ccwg-internet-governance] Call for topics for this week's call

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Apr 27 18:29:29 UTC 2016

Dear Carlos,

thanks for your comments. Please be so kind to find my comments
interspersed in your text:

On 27/04/2016 16:33, Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. wrote:
> Dear Olivier,
>
> maybe we should start with a timeline so we get an overview of the
> level and timing of IG activities relevant for ICANN. Then we can
> better distribute efforts towards exogenous meetings, as compared with
> internal policy efforts.

thanks for your suggestion. We are already closely following the
timeline, trying to forecast what the hot topics are for a particular
call based on what is coming up. We actually already have 2 timelines:

ICANN Staff designed:
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43984275/icann-key-global-internet-events-2016-v2.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1453473198000&api=v2

Marilyn Cade designed:
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43984275/Timeline.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1454042711000&api=v2

> My guess is that if we can better organise our own internal policy
> discussions, it will be easier to find a higher level of interest and
> participation. There is in my view a lot coming up in the discussion
> of the new draft by-laws and ACCT WS2, like the “public policy”
> responsibilities of the Governmental Advisory and “jurisdiction” to
> mention just a few ones that we should start thinking outloud, instead
> of the agenda being driven by multilateral meetings only.

Are you suggesting that we also address such discussions? The CCWG IG
Charter has gone lengths to avoid IANA Stewardship Transition. Do we
wish to discuss matters that are already addressed in the GAC, in the
CCWG Accountability WS2 and in ICANN's Social Responsibility initiative
led by Nora Abusitta?

> With a better timeline a workload overview we can then plan the calls
> as necessary.

Let me know if the timelines I've mentioned above are helpful or how
they could be amended to serve our calls.