[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG-IG call of Friday, April 29

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:30:39 UTC 2016

I think there is perhaps a need for the CCWG-IG to provide further education about what we do. We do not do 'gTLD policy'. :-) NOR ccTLD policy, nor numbering policy. Instead, the CCWG-IG focuses on the broader IG ecosystem issues and events, and presence that ICANN has, and that members of the ICANN Community have that affect ICANN as a whole.
I think a written report is best, and should go to all chartering SO/ACs, and we should not expect the gTLD policy Council of the GNSO to be too overburdened about the CCWG-IG. that would be unfair to the other Chartering organizations and overly burden the GNSO gTLD policy Council.