[ccwg-internet-governance] New NCUC Reps to the CCWG

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Aug 2 18:31:04 UTC 2016

Hi people

I need your kind assistance.  A couple months ago I told people I wanted to step down as a rep to the CCWIG.  I thought I was a NCUC rep, but then someone pointed me to https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43984275 <https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43984275> where I am listed as NCSG Participant 1 and said no you are an NCSG rep (although the others from my group are listed as NCUC 2, 3 and 4…so who’s 1?).  I couldn’t remember for sure what we did two and half years ago but since NCUC people then had an inconclusive debate about whether we needed a rep and I’m busy with other stuff I simply didn’t think about it again.  But today Marilia as NCSG PC chair suddenly wrote to NCSG announcing my resignation and seeking to replace me as NCSG Participant 1, and I replied please do without thinking about the which hat issue until Carlos Gutierrez just asked.

So, sigh, I just dug through saved messages.  The closest I can find to relevance is the one I sent you guys in Jan. 14, below.  This would seem to indicate I was right in the first place and I’m a NCUC rep, in which case it’s not NCSG that should be replacing me.

Do you have any greater clarity of recall on this than I do?

Thanks.

Bleary eyed Bill